District 3 Sonata/Sonatina Competition
Anne Yoon-Young Shin
Date: May 3, 2020 (Sunday)
Application Form: TBA
CAPMT District 3 Sonata/Sonatina Competition
- Applicants must enter the proper category according to age as of April 1, 2019 (revised 2019). A proof-of-age document to verity age (e.g. birth certificate, passport, driver license) is required for each applicant and must be upload during the online application process.
- No changes to repertoire will be accepted after the application deadline.
- No time requests or adjustments will be made.
- All application fees must be paid online.
- Please have your PayPal account information or credit card information ready before submitting application.
- NO REFUNDS
- General Requirements
- 1. All music must be performed by memory.
- 2. Students must provide an original score for the judges. NO PHOTOCOPIES
- 3. Applicants may apply for one category only.
- 4. The student must have studied with the current teacher for at least 6 months prior to April 1, 2019.
- 5. Teachers must not identify themselves to the judges.
- Repertoire: Sonatina Categories
- Any sonatina from the standard repertoire may be submitted, including but not limited to sonatinas by Clementi, Diabelli, Kuhlau, Dussek, Haydn, Mozart, Beethoven (including the Sonatas Op. 49), Attwood, Gurlitt, Wanhal, Schumann, Kabalevsky, Khatchaturian, Bastien, Alexander, etc.
- Repertoire: Sonata Categories
- Any sonata from the standard repertoire may be submitted, including but not limited to sonatas by Clementi, Haydn, Mozart, Beethoven, Schubert, Schumann, Chopin, Liszt, Brahms, Scriabin, Rachmaninoff, Prokofiev, Dello-Joio, Barber, etc.
- Prizes (All participants will receive a Certificate of Participation.)
- Participating teachers are expected to help at the event. Because of the importance and prestige of this competition, it is essential that there is a sufficient number of workers throughout the duration of the event to ensure that the event is running smoothly, fairly, and consistently, in strict adherence to the rules and procedures governing it. The competition chair will remain in the audition room throughout the competition. The following positions are needed; please sign up for one or more of the these jobs:
3. Hospitality Provider
4. Check-in: Morning
5. Check-in: Early Afternoon
6. Check-in: Late Afternoon
7. Room Monitor: Morning
8. Room Monitor: Early Afternoon
9. Room Monitor: Late Afternoon
10. Timer: Morning
11. Timer: Early Afternoon
12. Timer: Late Afternoon
13. Lunch Provider (purchase and delivery—will be reimbursed)
Please e-mail Anne at firstname.lastname@example.org with the positions(s) you'll be able to cover for the event and any other questions.